- 07-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefit Pkg
Title: Applications Management Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Location: Arlington, VA / Pentagon
NetCentrics is a market leader in cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and telecommunications solutions and services. We serve the DoD, DHS, Federal Civilian Agencies, and Intelligence Community. We are a diverse group of intellectually curious people living by our core values while bonded by the shared mission to secure our nation - join us!
You will serve as the Applications Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP). You will provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR).
The JSP performs a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs).
The JSP also supports the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide.
The JSP Applications Management SME shall serve as the knowledge expert to the JSP virtualization and content management environments supporting OM, NGC and Message Routing and Directory services. They must possess proven technical ability in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of EMC VMware ESX virtual hosts, Virtual Machines, Storage Area Network volume management, and Microsoft SharePoint sites. This position requires demonstrated direct experience with these products. You must be able to perform duties in direct support of the Automated Message Handling System (AMHS), Enhanced Communication Gateway Systems (ECGS), Message Conversion System (MCS) and Central Directory Component (CDC), Directory Systems, Message Routing, Information Technology Service (ITS), and Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
- Five years of progressively more responsible experience in computer system engineering; hardware and software analysis, system integration, and system maintenance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical subjects to nontechnical staff are required.
- Minimum three years of work related experience to include the following computer related areas: Networks, Servers, Storage Area Networks, and systems management; telecommunications; directory systems; Public Key Infrastructure, IT customer support and training; computer server and workstation installation, VMWare ESX virtualization technologies, diagnosis and repair; technical writing; computer security; knowledge management; database administration, design and management; system maintenance; information technology project management; design and implementation of geographical distributed information systems; computer scripting; Information System Testing.
- Knowledge of a range of current information technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as: cloud computing, blade server, unified communications, collaboration tools, cryptographic systems, business intelligence systems, WEB 2.0, social networks tools, enterprise services bus.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order.
- 3 years' experience securing Operating Systems to comply with DISA STIGs; network experience configuring and maintaining desktop firewalls.
- Experience configuring security policies to protect system applications.
- Possess HBSS Certification.
- Analyze on-going changes that are published in HBSS specific STIGs and apply the appropriate policies and configuration changes to bring JSP systems into compliance with USCYBERCOM policies.
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
- BS - (Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems)
- DoD 8140
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!