- 07-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefit Pkg
Title: Server Manager Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Location: Arlington, VA / Pentagon
NetCentrics is a market leader in cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and telecommunications solutions and services. We serve the DoD, DHS, Federal Civilian Agencies, and Intelligence Community. We are a diverse group of intellectually curious people living by our core values while bonded by the shared mission to secure our nation - join us!
You will serve as the Server Manager Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP). You will provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR). The JSP performs a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs). The JSP also supports the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide.
The JSP Server Management System SME shall prove technical ability in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of geographically dispersed, load-balanced, clustered physical and virtual server architecture and various applications supported on the server infrastructure. This position requires demonstrated direct experience with a variety of server architecture within the JSP environment.
- Provide support in upgrading, testing, and supporting existing local agency policies and procedures for storage, backup, and restoration; this includes reconstitution to the original baseline if problems should arise, an average of 5-7 monthly
- Provide hardware installation, maintenance, configuration, and patch management to the distributed systems servers within the environment
- Ensure all hardware, software and storage required to support any upgrade are identified prior to the start of the upgrade
- Monitor for operational stability of systems, identify, analyze, and resolve problems of all configured servers and system sub-components, application services, messages flows, and communications ports and connected distant end stations on all JSP assets
- Participate in the transition of new services and systems (average of 5-7 monthly) into development and test environments for preparation into the production environments. This includes planning, managing, and deploying infrastructure changes into the development and test before deploying into the operational production environments in efforts to minimize interruptions to customers and current JSP provided services
- As a single point of contact for end user services, install, configure, and maintain JSP platform products and services. g) Provide cyber security technical support services and ensure that all system applications are/remain fully operationally compliant with approved DoD, STIG standards and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) requirements and mandated due dates. Prepare plan of action and milestones (POA&Ms) for all outstanding issues with compliance
- Ensure DoD and National Security System (NSS) PKI server certificates are issued for web servers, domain controllers, Domain Name System (DNS) servers, and Virtual Private Network (VPNs). The contractor shall work with appropriate POCs as outlined in Addendum #4 to make sure server certificates are kept up to date on all JSP IT server assets under their control Maintain tickler of associated expiration dates to minimize potential disruptions to services
- Load server operating systems, application services, and system network configurations and apply server profiles for both physical and virtualized environments. Also update firmware, complying with mandated security configurations, documenting baselines, and developing SOPs.
- Participate in the quarterly coordination planning meetings of service management for server modernization efforts to include hardware refreshes, lifecycle planning, and upgrades for information system technologies
- Provide server floor management functions including determining redundant power sources, heating and cooling controls, and fire suppression activation procedures. Coordinate and perform the provisioning of hardware including assembling hardware, performing pre-load build tasks, labeling, power connecting, wire management, and hardware builds. At the Hampton Roads locations, assist with the installation, maintaining, and troubleshooting of all network hardware and connectivity including copper and fiber cables. Coordinate and install hardware in racks, which includes cabling and labeling IAW established procedures
- For JSP environments, manage AD security groups and download policies from the Continental United States (CONUS) Theater Network Operations and Security Center. m) Unclassified and Classified system account creation, modification, and deletion
- Resetting user account passwords, ensuring accounts are deleted promptly, and ensuring appropriate permissions are set on directories
- Provide administrative/technical support for all remote capabilities [e.g. dial in, Citrix for at-home users, and VPN for Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)]. 1. Remote administration support also includes network appliances utilized for Citrix, such as load balancers, and Netscalers
- Identify, create, define, configure, and manage current network print queues as necessary to include setup and testing, making sure they are STIG compliant
- Ensure servers can handle the workload of the established print queues and scale the current solution to meet customer demands
- In coordination with DISAs Enterprise E-mail helpdesk, the contractor is responsible for the following tasks/activities related to DoD Enterprise Email (DEE):
- Assist with troubleshooting DEE related issues and outages involving Office of Military Commissions (OMC) South
- Manage Non-Person Entity (NPE) account mailboxes secondary to Tier II helpdesk, which include distribution lists and organizational mailboxes
- Joint Staff Chairman Top 7 and supporting staff Travel Kit Support:
- The Protected Organization Unit (OU) is isolated from the other Tenant OUs. This supports the specialized support for travel and patch management for the Chairman Joint Chief of Staff (CJCS) and his supporting staff to ensure high availability for services received from JSP.
- Manage the CJCS AD OU and the Group Policy Objects (GPO's) and unique settings set to support the Joint Staff leadership. iii) Ensure all security patching, policy, settings, and controls applied to the Joint Staff leadership are specifically tested with the modified images and setups for their support equipment.
- This will include specific travel, home, office, and COOP location systems
- Experience in implementing solution designs and operating environments that are compliant with all Federal and DoD guidance and policies
- Expert knowledge in determining and identifying high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of IT environments similar in size and scope to this order
- Experience in implementing software, hardware, and communications solutions
- Experience in the utilization and maintenance of high level system designs, including architectural design documents, diagrams, project plans and milestones
- Demonstrated ability to build enterprise-level backup and recovery systems for enterprise-wide DR applications from scratch and/or using an application framework to provide best practice solutions for real world business needs
- Experience working as a Senior IT analyst that covers requirements analysis, system design, project management, and enterprise strategy
- Strong working knowledge of current server technology to include cloud computing, Blade Server, unified communications, and virtualization technology
- Technical capabilities should include a thorough knowledge of Active Directory (group policies, group permissions, deployment of and troubleshooting) and a thorough knowledge of CAC/PKI and DNS/DHCP/WINS and how they integrate in the AD infrastructure
- Experience in Windows environment on Server 2008, Server 2012, and Windows 7 and/or Windows10 operating systems environments similar in size and scope of this order
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order
- Analyze on-going changes that are published in HBSS specific STIGs and apply the appropriate policies and configuration changes to bring JSP systems into compliance with USCYBERCOM policies
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- BS - (Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems)
- DoD 8140
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!