- 07-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefit Pkg
Title: Enhanced Communication Gateway Systems (ECGS) Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Location: Arlington, VA / Pentagon
NetCentrics is a market leader in cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and telecommunications solutions and services. We serve the DoD, DHS, Federal Civilian Agencies, and Intelligence Community. We are a diverse group of intellectually curious people living by our core values while bonded by the shared mission to secure our nation - join us!
You will serve as the Enhanced Communication Gateway Systems (ECGS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP). You will provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR). The JSP performs a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs). The JSP also supports the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide.
The ECGS SME shall perform operations and system administration tasks as defined below for the large and small scale ECGS systems (references the complete ECGS system and a tailored version called Mini ECGS) operated at primary and alternate site locations. Both large and small ECGS systems integrate and utilize common system components to include Mailroom, thick client and web-based system application management tools (e.g. Service Desk), Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), and internal Protogate Communications boards. Only large-scale ECGS systems implement high availability through the use of Microsoft Clustering Technology to provide automated failover between single site ECGS application cluster nodes located on the TS networks. Loss of both TS ECGS cluster nodes (major TS network storage failures) within a site requires manual relocation of the ECGS service to the alternate site to support National Gateway customers who subscribe to alternate site message routing and/or connect to both sites using point-to-point circuits or dial-in Secure Terminal Equipment (STE) secure modem connections. ECGS systems are connected to the DoD NIPRNET, SIPRNET and OM TS/C.
- Administer the ECGS/Mailroom Profile libraries and Message Center folders to include creation and maintenance of custom profiles to support advanced message filtering requirements on both large and small ECGSs.
- Monitor both the National Gateway Large ECGS and all small ECGSs supporting OM and email interfaces to ensure that messages are being processed.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve problems of all configured ECGS serial circuit communication ports, message routing database tables, Plain Language Address (PLA) databases tables, application specific configuration database tables, and all Mailroom Profiler selection, restriction, and dissemination profiles.
- Monitor local and remote distributed applications, host Windows Operating Systems, network connections, and Protogate serial-network communication [i.e. Automatic Digital Network (AUTODIN) Mode-I, Mode-II protocols] subcomponents including the use of protocol analyzers and oscilloscopes to ensure the continued successful processing of messages between each ECGS and all connected remote stations.
- Continuously staff the National Gateway service operator positions (Service Desk and Mailroom) to correct intercepted messages, send or respond to operational service wires, and manually associate sectional messages.
- Support provisioning and testing of new point-to-point and dial-in STE connections to the ECGS systems.
- Provide support to the DISA functional teams for accreditation testing of ECGS hardware and/or application updates.
- Perform cryptographic Key Management Center updates to STE secure modem Crypto Ignition Keys.
- Provide, within the monthly IPR and in support of monthly metric collection, reports detailing message volume by port.
- Monitor all service queues, manually processing all intercepted messages and coordinate with connected sites. For reporting purposes, provide a report on the number of intercepted messages manually processed daily.
- Demonstrated experience in computer system engineering, hardware and software analysis, system installation, integration, implementation, and system maintenance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical subjects to nontechnical staff are required
- Minimum three years of experience to include the following computer related areas:
- Northrop Grumman ECGS, Networks, Servers, Storage Area Networks, and systems management; telecommunications; directory systems; Public Key Infrastructure, IT customer support and training; computer server and workstation installation, diagnosis and repair; technical writing; computer security; knowledge management; database administration, design and management; system maintenance; information technology project management; design and implementation of geographical distributed information systems; computer scripting; Information System Testing
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of current information technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as: cloud computing, blade server, virtualization, unified communications, collaboration tools, cryptographic systems, business intelligence systems, WEB 2.0, social networks tools, enterprise services bus
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order
- 3 years' experience securing Operating Systems to comply with DISA STIGs; network experience configuring and maintaining desktop firewalls. g) Experience configuring security policies to protect system applications
- Experience analyzing ongoing changes that are published in HBSS specific STIGs and applying the appropriate policies and configuration changes to bring OMS systems into compliance with USCYBERCOM policies
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- BS - (Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems)
- DoD 8140
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!