- 06-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Program: Joint Service Provider (JSP)
Location: - The Pentagon - Washington, DC
Title: Problem Management Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Number of Positions: 1
You will serve as the Problem Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP). You will provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR). The JSP performs a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs). The JSP also supports the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide.
- BS (Computer Engineering, Computer Information Management Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systemsiness)
- 15yrs of relevant experience
- DOD 8140
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in analyzing possible solution designs flaws, identifying problems current and trending and document proposed solutions.
- Knowledge in determining and identifying high level functional and technical requirements to properly understand potential and realized problems in the environment.
- Experience working with Senior IT administrators and engineers to perform analysis on problems within the environment.
- Knowledge of current server technology to include cloud computing, Blade Server, enterprise storage, unified communications and virtualization technology.
- Technical capabilities should include knowledge of Active Directory (group policies, group permissions, deployment of and troubleshooting) and knowledge of CAC/PKI and DNS/DHCP/WINS and how they integrate in the Active Directory infrastructure.
- Experience in Windows environment on Server 2008, Server 2012, and Windows 7 and/or Windows 10 operating systems environments.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order.
- Possess IT engineering/Problem Management certification (i.e. ITIL).
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
All candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability (or perception thereof).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!