- 06-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Program: Joint Service Provider (JSP)
Location: - Pentagon - Washington, DC
Title: Storage / Backup Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Number of Positions: 1
You will serve as the Storage / Backup Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP). You will provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR). The JSP performs a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs). The JSP also supports the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide.
As the Storage / Backup SME you must be able to perform duties associated with Enterprise Storage Services, Failover Integration and Support, and Backup and Recovery Services in overall Storage and Backup operations in direct coordination with the Operations Manager and Government Leadership.
Specialized Knowledge & Skill
- Experience in implementing solution designs and operating environments that are compliant with all Federal and DoD guidance and policies.
- Experience in implementing software and hardware solutions.
- Experience in data replication, failover testing, backup and restore capabilities and plant infrastructure
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of order.
- Experience in establishing information systems requirements using analysis of the system engineers to develop enterprise wide information systems design in an environment similar in size and scope.
- Experience in estimating and sizing implementation efforts (ie., cost, performance, capacity, manageability, scalability, etc) for storage and backup systems.
- Possess demonstrated ability to build and deploy enterprise-level backup and recovery systems for enterprise-wide DR applications from scratch and/or use an application framework to provide best practice solutions for real world business needs.
- Possess experience in enterprise backup and recovery applications such as Commvault, Tivoli, IBM Spectrum Protect, etc.
All candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability (or perception thereof).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!