- 05-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Program: Joint Service Provider (JSP)
Location: - The Pentagon - Washington DC
Title: Network System Administrator Subject Matter Expert
You will serve as the Network System Administrator Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP). You will provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR). The JSP performs a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs). The JSP also supports the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide.
The JSP Network System Administrator SME shall serve as the knowledge expert for the experience installing and configuring Windows operating systems to include servers and workstations. The SME shall have working knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and virtual computing
concepts. This SME shall also provide assistance with the administration of networking equipment.
Responsibilities (but are not limited to)
- Produce network architectural drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Provide design and implementation support for VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies
- Provide design and implementation support for Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Manage all aspects of the project related to systems and technology.
- Facilitate collaboration and cooperation with the primary system vendors.
- Drive innovative technical solutions to meet the system owner's functional requirements.
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, and train transition solutions to operational support.
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Implement systems as needed based on network application requirements.
- Perform independent verification, validation, and project management for current and future projects.
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF).
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of related IT systems experience with a minimum of 1 year of experience in an Architecture Role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft's infrastructures, including, but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network design.
- Current, enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Client servers utilizing direct-attached and network-attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing high availability systems.
- Experience with DR solutions and technologies for complex systems.
- Experience with VMware ESX/VSphere Virtualization Technologies (ESXi 6.0 or greater, Virtual Center, P2V Tools) design/management/implementation
- BS (Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systemsiness)
- 9yrs relevant experience
All candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability (or perception thereof).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!