- 01-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Herndon, VA, USA
- Max hourly rate of $21.00
- Part Time
- No Clearance
Not Benefits Eligible
Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA/Remote
Dates: 1 June - 31 August, 2022
US Citizenship: Required
NetCentrics is a market leader in cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and telecommunications solutions and services. We serve the DoD, DHS, Federal Civilian Agencies, and Intelligence Community. We are a diverse group of intellectually curious people living by our core values while bonded by the shared mission to secure our nation - join us!
As a Cloud Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with a cloud engineering team that provides cloud cyber security solutions. To join this team, our ideal candidate will have working knowledge of cloud compute in any cloud provider, Azure, AWS, Google. The candidate will have demonstrated knowledge in some programming languages. Candidate will have a background or knowledge regarding cloud security. Candidate should be able to clearly document deliverables and technical deployments. In addition to contributing directly to a project, you will work with, and be mentored by, a technology and solutions team consisting of other cloud engineers, security engineers, and network engineers.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Play a key role in developing cloud capabilities that will be fielded to cyber security professionals
- Work and collaborate within an agile team as well as with the other interns
- Gain critical experience in a competitive field working on a much-needed real world solution
We're excited about you because...
- You're excited- You have a passion for emerging technology and utilizing it to solve difficult problems
- You're highly motivated- You can take a complex project and clearly communicate progress towards delivery, voicing technical challenges and a path to resolution along the way
- You're a self-starter & act with purpose- You have a bias for action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You're technically adept- You are not afraid of engineering terms and are able to fight through the technical jargon to translate concepts to a functional understanding
- You seek out and embrace feedback, take on tough assignments to improve skills, keep industry knowledge up to date, and turn mistakes into learning opportunities
- You are tenacious at creative problem solving, and strive to find elegant solutions for unique problems
- Shadow members of the Technology and Solutions Team as they perform their duties
- Review technical documents to understand environment
- Analyze security requirements
- Identify security gaps in current deployment based on requirements
- Gather artifacts related to security requirements
- Assist with implementation of vulnerability management lifecycle
- Assist Engineers with documentation regarding security posture
- Assist Engineers with security control configuration and testing
- Be an undergraduate/graduate student majoring in engineering, information technology, or computer science with focus on cyber security or cloud.
- Willingness to work effectively both independently and on a team
- Familiarity with a high-level programming and/or scripting (Python, etc.)
- Awareness of cloud-based operations (AWS, Azure or Google)
- Exposure to one or more of the following is desired: RMF, ISO, CMMC, CMMI
- Understanding of cloud security
- Ability to read technical and cloud architecture
- Ability to understand security requirements
- Ability to document resources, processes, and procedures
- Ability to work on assigned tasks with minimal oversight
- Demonstration of strong written and oral communication skills
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!