- 01-Feb-2023 to 02-Apr-2023 (EST)
- Herndon, VA, USA
- per hour Max of $21.00 per hour
- Part Time
- No Clearance
Not Benefits Eligible
Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA/Remote
Dates: 1 June - 31 August, 2022
US Citizenship: Required
NetCentrics is a market leader in cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and telecommunications solutions and services. We serve the DoD, DHS, Federal Civilian Agencies, and Intelligence Community. We are a diverse group of intellectually curious people living by our core values while bonded by the shared mission to secure our nation - join us!
As a Cloud Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with a cloud engineering team that provides cloud cyber security solutions. To join this team, our ideal candidate will have working knowledge of cloud compute in any cloud provider, Azure, AWS, Google. The candidate will have demonstrated knowledge in some programming languages. Ideally someone that has worked with PowerShell and cloud CLI programming languages. Candidate will have knowledge of deploying cloud. Candidate should be able to clearly document deliverables and technical deployments. In addition to contributing directly to a project, you will work with, and be mentored by, a technology and solutions team consisting of other cloud engineers, security engineers, and network engineers.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Play a key role in developing cloud capabilities that will be fielded to cyber security professionals
- Work and collaborate within an agile team as well as with the other interns
- Gain critical experience in a competitive field working on a much-needed real world solution
We're excited about you because...
- You're excited- You have a passion for emerging technology and utilizing it to solve difficult problems
- You're highly motivated- You can take a complex project and clearly communicate progress towards delivery, voicing technical challenges and a path to resolution along the way
- You're a self-starter & act with purpose- You have a bias for action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You're technically adept- You are not afraid of engineering terms and are able to fight through the technical jargon to translate concepts to a functional understanding
- You seek out and embrace feedback, take on tough assignments to improve skills, keep industry knowledge up to date, and turn mistakes into learning opportunities
- You are tenacious at creative problem solving, and strive to find elegant solutions for unique problems
- Shadow members of the Technology and Solutions Team as they perform their duties.
- Participate in team problem-solving sessions and scrums.
- Ensure the completion of assigned tasks in line with established deadlines.
- Work with engineers to integrate capabilities into existing company solutions.
- Leverage Azure Bicep for Infrastructure as a Code (IaC) deployments.
- Update, maintain, and iterate our CI/CD pipeline for new or existing services.
- Conduct monitoring, alerting, and incident management leveraging cloud tools.
- Study for and obtain Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) certification.
- Be an undergraduate/graduate student majoring in Computer Engineering, Cloud Administration, Network Administration, Information Technology, or Computer Science.
- Willingness to work effectively both independently and on a team.
- Familiarity with high-level programming or scripting (Python, etc.).
- Awareness of cloud-based operations (AWS, Azure, or Google).
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/Docker.
- Exposure to one or more of the following is desired:
- Understanding of IPsec and SSL VPNs
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing
- JSON, Python, YAML, PowerShell, Bash, Bicep, or Linux experience
- Understanding of each layer of the OSI model.
- Any DevOps (CI/CD) experience.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates given offers must pass a background investigation, including criminal history and reference checks.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!