- 09-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Herndon, VA, USA
- Full Time
Title: Network Engineer
Location: Alexandria, VA / Remote
Clearance: Public Trust eligibility
NetCentrics has an exciting opportunity to migrate Veteran Administration (VA) hardware, operating systems, applications, and other elements of its IT infrastructure from IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4) to IPv6. To accomplish this task, NetCentrics is looking for experienced IT professionals to provide technical, engineering and guidance to support the critical transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
To ensure the success of our mission, we are seeking technical experts to support all phases from documentation, configuration, inventory management, remediations, security, network monitoring, desk support, testing, training, migration, and strategic planning in both test and real-world environments.
The migration will ensure the design and integration of IPv6 technology across VA on-premises core infrastructure, network operations, support desks, and security systems, as well as VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) where applicable.
- Plan, support, and evaluate complex existing network systems and make recommendations for resources required to maintain and or expand service levels
- Provide highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering, capacity and architecture
- Provide technical, engineering and guidance support needed in the transition from IPv4 to IPv6
- Lead and direct work of other Network Engineers
- Provide and develop technical products; provide solutions for network problems
- Plan and incorporate how new network resources and applications will exist on the network
- Provide monthly metrics for network availability and bandwidth usage as well as other metrics as requested
- Use network management tools to discover, map and maintain the network
- Conduct research of new technologies and implementation strategies; responsible for network equipment OS and version upgrades
- Monitor and maintain network interfaces to ensure its highest level of performance and makes modifications and enhancements as needed Responsible for documenting procedures and keeping network diagrams and related material up to date
- Handle escalated user problems, questions and request on network issues
- Work with other groups within IS and resolve network related issues as needed
- Interface with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline) and 5+ years of professional experience; an additional 8 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Excellent technical knowledge of network engineering, planning and network architecture
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!