- 27-Oct-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Herndon, VA, USA
- 55324-69155 per year Negotiable
- Full Time
Open PTO policy, 11 Federal Holidays, 401 (k) +Matching + Immediate Vesting, MDV, Training Assistance, Referral Bonuses, and much more.
Title: Technical Writer
Location: Alexandria, VA / Remote
Clearance: Public Trust eligibility
NetCentrics has an exciting opportunity to migrate the Veteran Administration's (VA) hardware, operating systems, applications, and other elements of its IT infrastructure from IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4) to IPv6. To accomplish this task, NetCentrics is looking for experienced IT professionals to provide technical, engineering and guidance to support the critical transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
To ensure the success of our mission, we are seeking technical experts to support all phases from documentation, configuration, inventory management, remediations, security, network monitoring, desk support, testing, training, migration, and strategic planning in both test and real-world environments.
The migration will ensure the design and integration of IPv6 technology across VA on-premises core infrastructure, network operations, support desks, and security systems, as well as VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) where applicable.
NetCentrics is seeking a Technical Writer to support digital transformation within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Research, write, edit and coordinate a broad range of communications/outreach materials (e.g., articles, blogs, brochures, fact sheets, flyers, media pitches, mobile apps, outreach scripts, social media posts, videos, websites) under strict deadlines
- Create and disseminate pitches, presentations, toolkits and other communication materials to establish partnerships and enhance partnership development
- Plan and coordinate speaking opportunities and vendor meetings at key conferences and industry engagements
- Gather, analyze and interpret information and data from various sources to use across content
- Plan, generate and deliver client-ready materials for stakeholders, including leadership
- Develop content in compliance with AP style and other guidelines
- Review outreach material for stylistic and formatting consistency
- Review and/or copyedit content developed by other members of the team
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Computer Science, Journalism, or Communications or other Technical Discipline is required
- 3+ years related experience required
- Expert knowledge of the use of digital means to connect and engage is critical
- Familiarity with a variety of emerging technology and scientific research trends, especially as it relates to the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools
- Experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation
- Experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand
- Excellent writing and editing skills to include familiarity with AP styles and ability to adapt to specific organizational style conventions rapidly
- Occasional travel will be required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
- Experience supporting large Cabinet-level federal agencies, ideally the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Proven expertise in strategic communications, public relations, public affairs, research, writing and editing
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple moving parts, juggle assignments and make sound decisions
- Ability to deliver clear, compelling communications, both written and verbal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!