- 28-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Alexandria, VA, USA
- Full Time
Open PTO policy, 11 Federal Holidays, 401 (k) +Matching + Immediate Vesting, MDV, Training Assistance, Referral Bonuses, and much more.
Title: Test Engineer - Senior
Location: Alexandria, VA / Remote
Clearance: Public Trust eligibility
NetCentrics has an exciting opportunity to migrate Veteran Administration (VA) hardware, operating systems, applications, and other elements of its IT infrastructure from IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4) to IPv6. To accomplish this task, NetCentrics is looking for experienced IT professionals to provide technical, engineering and guidance to support the critical transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
To ensure the success of our mission, we are seeking technical experts to support all phases from documentation, configuration, inventory management, remediations, security, network monitoring, desk support, testing, training, migration, and strategic planning in both test and real-world environments.
The migration will ensure the design and integration of IPv6 technology across VA on-premises core infrastructure, network operations, support desks, and security systems, as well as VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) where applicable.
- Coordinate with test sites and other team participants to plan test events, experience in creating reports
- Track problems and reports on errors that are identified
- Utilize technical area expertise to assess, manage and implement enterprise application components, and to ensure that the technical solution solves the business problem as an organic part of the organization's operational and functional baseline
- Focus on a specific product or technology family on multiple platforms, which is supplemented with a clear understanding of the business requirements and related applications issues
- Manage the defect database under the guidance of senior Quality Assurance (QA) engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline) and 10+ years of professional experience; an additional 10 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Extensive knowledge in the creation of deployment plans, the creation of cost, schedule and performance expectations based on input from all team members
- Comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments
- Experience working with developers, end users and organizations to create test plans and test scripts
- Experience in a wide variety of environments and equipment
- Experience with configuring necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing
- Experience in writing or assisting in the development of test plans and test procedures
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!