- 23-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Title: Senior Windows System Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Location: Arlington, VA (Pentagon)
- Serve as Senior Windows System Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP)
- Provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- Perform a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs)
- Support the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide
- Provide technical expertise in the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of a large complex physical and virtual server architecture and various enterprise applications supported on the server infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Management Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems, and 10 years of professional experience
- This position requires demonstrated direct experience with a variety of server and enterprise application architectures within the JSP environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the following computer related areas: Networks, Servers, Storage Area Networks, and systems management; directory systems; Public Key Infrastructure, IT customer support and training; computer server and workstation installation, diagnosis and repair; technical writing; computer security; knowledge management; database administration, design and management; system maintenance; information technology project management; computer scripting; Information System Testing
- Minimum 3 years of experience in computer system engineering; hardware and software analysis, system installation, integration, implementation, and system maintenance
- Experience with and solid working knowledge of an enterprise ticketing system (REMEDY)
- Experience with Active Directory (group policies (MS Office 2007 and higher preferred), which includes applying group permissions (deployment of and troubleshooting), and a good working knowledge of DNS/DHCP/WINS
- Experience in the utilization and maintenance of high-level system designs, including architectural design documents, diagrams, project plans and milestones Demonstrated technical engineering capabilities
- Knowledge of a range of current information technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as: cloud computing, blade server, virtualization, unified communications, collaboration tools, business intelligence systems, social networks tools, enterprise services bus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical subjects to nontechnical staff are required.
- Experience in the utilization and maintenance of high-level system designs, including architectural design documents, diagrams, project plans and milestones
- DoD 8570 Baseline Certification
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!