- 23-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Title: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Lead (SME)
Location: Hampton Road, VA
- Serve as the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Lead (VDI) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics Information Technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP)
- Provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- Perform a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Management Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems, and 10 years of professional experience
- Provide technical ability in supporting the VMWare Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in the National Capital Region Experience in managing VMWare View Horizon in a JSP server and client systems, to include knowledge in future versions
- Experience working in the following: Hewlett Packard Enterprise server hardware visualization
- Windows environment on Server 2012, and Windows 7 and/or 10 operating systems environments similar in size and scope of this order
- Applications/systems in clustered environments MS AppV, ThinApp, Citrix, and other application virtualization technologies MS System Center Configuration Manager for deployment of applications
- Securing Operating Systems to comply with DISA STIGs; network experience configuring and maintaining desktop firewalls
- Active VMWare VDI certification or the ability to obtain one
- Active DoD 8570 Baseline Certification
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!