- 23-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Title: Storage/Backup Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Location: Arlington, VA (Pentagon)
- Serve as the Storage/Backup Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the NetCentrics information technology (IT) support efforts for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Service Provider (JSP)
- Provide SME support to a customer-focused organization that provides, manages, operates, and maintains IT shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- Perform a wide variety of enterprise support functions in order to meet service requirements. These functions may include server hosting, in which the hardware, software, infrastructure, and maintenance required to host the customer-managed applications are in a consolidated, virtualized environment where JSP manages the server environment up to the operating system and provides operational monitoring and facility support for the Operations (OPS) consolidated server rooms (CSRs)
- Support the DISA Organizational Messaging Service (OMS) which enables organizations to exchange both classified and unclassified information with other organizations within the DoD, other United States (US) Government agencies, Five Eyes countries (US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand), the 28 North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries, and all countries with US military bases or embassies worldwide
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Management Systems, Telecommunications, or Management Information Systems, and 10 years of professional experience
- Ability to perform duties associated with Enterprise Storage Services, Failover Integration and Support, Backup and Recovery Services in overall Storage and Backup operations in direct coordination with the Operations Manager and Government Leadership
- Experience in implementing solution designs and operating environments that are compliant with all Federal and DoD guidance and policies
- Experience in implementing software and hardware solutions
- Experience in data replication, failover testing, backup and restore capabilities and plant infrastructure
- Experience in establishing information systems requirements using analysis of the system engineers to develop enterprise wide information systems design in an environment similar in size and scope
- Experience in estimating and sizing implementation efforts (i.e., cost, performance, capacity, manageability, scalability, etc.) for storage and backup systems
- Demonstrated ability to build and deploy enterprise-level backup and recovery systems for enterprise-wide Disaster Recovery (DR) applications from scratch and/or use an application framework to provide best practice solutions for real world business needs
- Experience in enterprise backup and recovery applications such as Commvault, Tivoli, IBM Spectrum Protect, etc.
- Active DoD 8570 Baseline Certification
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!