- 22-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Alexandria, VA, USA
- Full Time
Open PTO policy, 11 Federal Holidays, 401 (k) +Matching + Immediate Vesting, MDV, Training Assistance, Referral Bonuses, and much more.
Title: System Engineer - Senior
Location: Alexandria, VA / Remote
Clearance: Public Trust eligibility
NetCentrics has an exciting opportunity to migrate Veteran Administration (VA) hardware, operating systems, applications, and other elements of its IT infrastructure from IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4) to IPv6. To accomplish this task, NetCentrics is looking for experienced IT professionals to provide technical, engineering and guidance to support the critical transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
To ensure the success of our mission, we are seeking technical experts to support all phases from documentation, configuration, inventory management, remediations, security, network monitoring, desk support, testing, training, migration, and strategic planning in both test and real-world environments.
The migration will ensure the design and integration of IPv6 technology across VA on-premises core infrastructure, network operations, support desks, and security systems, as well as VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) where applicable.
- Create software development plans and strategies; develop and implementing algorithms
- Conduct quality control of software development and oversee work of other developers
- Conduct proactive risk identification and mitigation of software development to predicted problems, evaluating other options; working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program; combining all elements of the program design and testing it; testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- Provide guidance support needed in the transition from IPv4 to IPv6
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline) and 15+ years of professional experience; an additional 10 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Excellent communications, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!