- 22-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Alexandria, VA, USA
- Full Time
Title: System Architect
Location: Alexandria, VA / Remote
Clearance: Public Trust eligibility
NetCentrics has an exciting opportunity to migrate Veteran Administration (VA) hardware, operating systems, applications, and other elements of its IT infrastructure from IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4) to IPv6. To accomplish this task, NetCentrics is looking for experienced IT professionals to provide technical, engineering and guidance to support the critical transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
To ensure the success of our mission, we are seeking technical experts to support all phases from documentation, configuration, inventory management, remediations, security, network monitoring, desk support, testing, training, migration, and strategic planning in both test and real-world environments.
The migration will ensure the design and integration of IPv6 technology across VA on-premises core infrastructure, network operations, support desks, and security systems, as well as VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) where applicable.
- Define system architecture solutions for new or existing computer systems based on user/client needs, cost and required integration with existing applications, systems/platforms
- Design, develop and deploy enterprise systems and networks
- Responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining both computer and networking systems
- Ensure security is integrated into all architecture solutions
- Provide technical, engineering and guidance support needed in the transition from IPv4 to IPv6
- Research, identify and select and test technology products required for solution delivery; research industry trends and new technologies
- Documents the technology integration and migration strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline) and 5+ years of professional experience; an additional 8 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Experience and understanding the relationship between applications, operating systems, hardware, and software
- Experience in creating a network architecture that takes all factors of a network into consideration such as functional requirements, technical considerations, business processes and end users
- Experience in creating a wide variety of IT system architectures that are beneficial and can be implemented
- Experience in total system design including networks
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!