- 14-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- DC, USA
- Full Time
Open PTO policy, 11 Federal Holidays, 401 (k) +Matching + Immediate Vesting, MDV, Training Assistance, Referral Bonuses, and much more.
Title: Senior Cyber Watch Analyst (Weekdays, 11 PM - 7 AM)
Location: Washington, D.C. (onsite)
- Support operational watch and situational awareness requirements for the USCG Cyber Command CSOC
- Provide situational awareness and readiness reporting for the CSOC to the program leadership
- Support coordination and information collection related to incidents, investigations, Task Orders and other communications within DOD and DHS
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
- Recognize potential, successful and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Maintain IDS signatures and policies
- Modify and add custom IDS policies and signatures to account for lack of monitoring in threat areas as warranted by threat changes, such as zero-day attacks. This includes the use of Sourcefire rules
- Identify misuse, malware or unauthorized activity on monitored networks
- Analyze and solve problems related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results
- Support Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) as required
- Ensure proper maintenance and documentation updates
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies
- Responsible for managing shift personnel to ensure proper coverage, standardized processes; developing and/or update documentation as required; and reporting
- JRSS and Elastic experience
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!