- 09-Nov-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- DC, USA
- Part Time
- TS/SCI CI Poly
Title: Senior Cyber Watch Analyst (Weekend 7PM – 7AM)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance: TS/SCI CI Polygraph
- Support operational watch and situational awareness requirements for the USCG Cyber Command CSOC
- Provide situational awareness and readiness reporting for the CSOC to the USCG program leadership
- Support coordination and information collection related to incidents, investigations, Task Orders, and other communications within DOD and DHS.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Maintain IDS signatures and policies
- Modify/add custom IDS policies and signatures to account for lack of monitoring in threat areas as warranted by threat changes, such as zero-day attacks. This includes the use of Sourcefire rules
- Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks
- Analyze and solve problems related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results
- Support Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) as required
- Ensure documentation is updated and maintained
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies
- Responsible for managing shift personnel to ensure proper coverage, standardized processes, develop and update documentation as required, and reporting
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of relative working experience
- Experience with security technologies including Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Antivirus, Network Packet Analyzers, malware analysis, forensics tools and reverse engineering
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to incident response operations
- Demonstrated knowledge in information technologies to include computer hardware and software, operating systems, and networking protocols
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical and problem-solving skills
- Current active TS/SCI clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph
- Active a DoD 8570 IAT Level III and CSSP Analyst certification
- JRSS experience a plus
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!