Northeast Residence, Inc. (NER) has been supporting people with developmental disabilities since 1972. NER currently supports 100 individuals in 25 different homes located in the northeast metropolitan area 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We hire caring and dependable people with a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of others. We work together supporting children and adults with developmental disabilities to live to their fullest potential. Experience preferred, but not necessary. Paid training is provided, and we offer career development and advancement opportunities. A perfect opportunity for college students in health care, human services, and special needs education programs!
Position: Lead Direct Support Staff (DSS)
- Leadership skills, including personal and professional accountability and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively and coordinate collaboratively to complete tasks and responsibilities are essential. You will be a key part of providing a supportive environment, building caring and professional relationships with co-workers and people served.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Program Coordinator or Supervisor of their designated house in carrying out daily responsibilities for operations
- Providing supportive leadership of the assigned Direct Support Staff.
- Accompanying people served with appointments
- Daily Cares and activities of people supported.
- Meeting the emotional, physical, and medical needs of the people supported in group home settings.
- Assisting with medications
- Working with medical equipment
- Accompanying people served on outings and with activities
- Helping them meet their personal goals.
This is full-time hourly, non-exempt position, starting at $15.00 per hour.
- Schedules includes evening and weekend shifts.
Full-time benefit package available to employees scheduled and working a minimum of 30 hours per week and includes:
- Heath Care benefits, including medical, dental and vision care
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- At least one year experience
- Willing to make at least a six (6) month commitment
- Able to read, write, speak & understand English
- Valid US driver's license with relatively clean driver's record
- Access to reliable transportation
- Able to pass background check