- 25-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K match, Yearly Bonus Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Holiday and Vacation Pay, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Company Parties, Onsite Cafeteria, Gym, and Mother's Room just to name a few
At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Because Every Employee Matters, we offer comprehensive training programs, mentorship, innovative lab practices, and a culture of employee collaboration.
The Chemistry Laboratory Analyst I/II conducts testing in accordance with established procedures using Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and under the supervision of the Study Director. Additionally, Laboratory Analysts record data concurrently, maintain traceability of samples throughout testing and notify the Study Director of any unforeseen circumstances that occur during testing.
- 1 year or more of Wet Chemistry experience; extractions
- High Energy, Attention to Detail & Organization
- Working experience in Chromatography and analyzing/interpreting Data
- Either LC (Liquid Chromatography) or GC Chromatography
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related Science
Essential Job Duties
- Perform testing, both GLP and non GLP; start to finish under supervision of the Study Director
- Perform tests including, but not limited to wet chemistry techniques, sample preparation and chromatographic or metals analysis
- Analysis utilizing High Performance Liquid Chromatography with UV detection (HPLC/UV), and Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) method
- Ensure testing is conducted according to approved test methods and SOPs
- Participate in the collaboration of quality events (atypical results, deviations, etc.)
- Assist with and review controlled documents
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and lab equipment including but not limited to, computers, keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, file cabinets, microscopes, micropipettes, pipette aids and various hand tools.
The possibility exists for exposure to biological and chemical hazards, exposure to carcinogenic compounds and other environmental aspects which may be considered unfavorable. Employees are expected to follow Biosafety and Chemical Hygiene policies, practices and procedures.
The physical demands described here are a representation of those that must be met to perform the essential job functions:
- Required to sit 15% of the day, stand and traverse 75% of the day to various office and lab locations and 10% of the day working at a computer.
- Bending, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
- Ability to have full body movement required.
- Occasional push and pull tasks with one or both hands.
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, face shields, gloves, lab coats and personal protective equipment deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees from various solutions, wastes, etc.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.