- 25-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Sotera Health - Corporate
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K match, Yearly Bonus Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Holiday and Vacation Pay, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Company Parties, Onsite Cafeteria, Gym, and Mother's Room just to name a few
At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Safeguarding Global Health. It's what we do!
The Director of Environmental, Health & Safety has primary responsibility for global oversight for the Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) activities for Nelson Labs. The director will coordinate all lab-related and Sotera Health EH&S programs. In addition, they will interact with the Nelson Labs leadership team to address their EH&S and business needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, in environmental, safety and/or science field.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills; 3-5+ years of EH&S Management experience
- Experience within Laboratory and/or Medical Device Production settings
- Seven or more years of overall EH&S-related experience
- OSHA and EPA background
- Multi-location leadership background
- ISO 14001
- Chemical Hygiene Program Development; emergency steps and environmental control, control/handling/storage of chemicals used in a laboratory test environment, proper discarding of dangerous materials
The Director of Environmental, Health & Safety reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Environmental, Health & Safety for Sotera Health. This position also has a dotted reporting line to the President of Nelson Labs.
The major areas of responsibility demonstrate the Sotera Health values in the following ways:
- Responsible for the overall development of the global Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) management system, including all policies, procedures and training programs for the business unit.
- Provide EH&S leadership to both Sotera Health and Nelson labs as they develop key EH&S programs and reports to meet business needs.
- Develop and support lab-specific EH&S programs, including Chemical Hygiene program.
- Build bench strength and leadership potential of the EH&S team, while driving all global EH&S personnel to develop and implement global EH&S programs and achieve EH&S strategic priorities.
- Create and support safety committees in all global lab sites.
Integrity: Track and ensure compliance with all applicable EH&S requirements for all global Nelson Labs locations.
Customer Focus: Work closely with Nelson Labs management team to ensure EH&S enables support and attainment of corporate and business unit initiatives.
- Coordinate the development of EH&S programs to ensure EH&S compliance with regulations and continuously improve EH&S performance for Nelson Labs.
- Conduct and coordinate annual or periodic global safety risk assessments and ensure findings result in appropriate corrective actions and programs.
Additional Preferred Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of compliance, quality and safety as relates to all regulatory agencies, including OSHA and EPA.
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, relationship building, mentoring, training and project management experience and skills.
- Balance of strategic and tactical thinking skills. Skilled in analyzing and drawing information for long-term strategic change and improvements.
- Ability to work comfortably within a fast-paced and matrixed organization.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of systems and the key drivers within a business environment.
- Effective leadership, judgment and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels across the entire organization.
- Results-oriented with a positive, professional attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Above average computer skills in the area of analysis using databases/spreadsheets.