- 21-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Aberdeen, MD, USA
- Full Time
Job Category: Platform Configuration Engineer
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Shift: Day Job
Potential for Teleworking: No
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Minimum US citizen with TS/SCI
Description Nelson Intelligence Solutions prides itself of having the most diverse and accomplished staff you will find in your career. NiS offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for the federal government. NiS is seeking a Platform Configuration Engineer who will support the customer's mission and make it successful, broaden the impact of GIS technology to its business, and help shape the ArcGIS platform by identifying new implementation opportunities. The onsite Platform Configuration Engineer/Developer will be Esri's day-to-day representative to STRATCOM's J2 directorate in direct support to STRATCOM's national mission to defend the Homeland against strategic attack. The candidate must be conversant with Esri's full ArcGIS Enterprise stack and capable of advising on how best to employ ArcGIS capabilities to meet STRATCOM's mission. The candidate must be capable of working in a fluid, operations-driven environment that will require flexibility, independent problem solving, collaboration and teamwork.
The selected person must be capable of troubleshooting installations and configurations, aiding the site System Administrator with ArcGIS, and be the onsite expert on ArcGIS capabilities and functions.
- US citizen cleared TS/SCI. Clearance must be active at time of award
- Five or more years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating
enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop,
server, and online);
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS,
ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service oriented
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum);
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including
data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platform;
- Strong, persuasive communication skills; ability to clearly communicate technical
ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or
- Bachelor's or Master's in geography, computer science, engineering,
mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level;
- Direct work-related experience in and familiarity with the organizations and
operations of the US Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense
- CompTIA Security+ Certification.
NIS Overview NiS is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business with an emphasis on Federal government opportunities in support of the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Intelligence Community and State and local government. NiS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information.