The New England Aquarium is currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our Visitor Experience Department as Visitor Assistants. As a Visitor Assistant, you will be one of the first employees to greet and welcome visitors from all over the world and ensure that these individuals have a memorable experience at the New England Aquarium. From the bustling penguin colony and the four-story Caribbean coral reef teeming with hundreds of tropical fish to the Simons Theatre offering the most cinematic way imaginable to see astounding creatures from our blue planet, we are committed to making sure each visitor is delighted by their Aquarium adventure.
New England Aquarium has implemented comprehensive safety protocols for employees and visitors to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure. In addition, the Aquarium requires all staff to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
This is a part-time regular position offering a comprehensive benefits package. There are two positions open, one with a Friday, Saturday, Sunday schedule, and the other with a Saturday, Sunday, Monday schedule. The hours are 8:30 am to 6 pm (8 pm on Fridays during the summer). Flexibility to work some holidays is required.
- Demonstrates consistently high standards of customer service by interacting with our visitors and staff in a way that is professional, helpful, and engaging.
- Primary duties include, but are not limited to, taking tickets, welcoming visitors, managing lines and exhibit spaces, and generally assisting to ensure our visitors' experience is both pleasant and smooth.
- Calmly, courteously, and professionally respond to visitor concerns and complaints and take actions to help resolve them referring to the Supervisors as needed.
- Cross-train at the general Information Desk and Ticket Booth.
- Assist with training, monitoring, and developing interns in our department through coaching and leading by example.
- Answer questions about the Aquarium, memberships, animals and exhibits, programs, and the surrounding area, including general tourist information.
- Assist in greeting groups to the Aquarium in an engaging and welcoming manner.
- Assist Conservation Learning staff with monitoring the Shark and Ray Touch Tank, and maintaining staff presence in exhibit halls to answer questions, provide general assistance, and relay emergencies to the Information Desk.
- Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 6 months of job-related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic personality.
- Feels comfortable in a fast-paced, crowded environment.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Able to respond efficiently to changing or stressful situations.
- Cashiering skills and experience desired.
For more information and to apply online please visit: http://neaq.applicantpro.com/jobs/
New England Aquarium is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.