- Information Technology
- Boston, MA, USA
- Full Time Regular
The IT Support Associate II / AV is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining AV equipment throughout the Aquarium. Maintains operation of AV-related exhibits, equipment, and services for visitors, guests, and staff and instructs staff in the operation of AV equipment. Assists with the development and production of technical components and materials within exhibits and provides AV oversight and support of event equipment for meetings, lectures and special events. Supports Video Conferencing, Lecture Capture and Streaming solutions for the institution. Trains users as needed. Assists the Helpdesk staff as needed with PC and Apple issues.
New England Aquarium requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
- Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm with the opportunity for a mix of remote and on-site work.
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required to provide AV oversight and/or support for event equipment for occasional meetings, lectures or events.
- The primary point of contact for providing technical support, maintenance and inventory control of all AV resources used by staff within the Aquarium.
- Responsible for Tier I support for all AV needs within the exhibit path.
- Responsible for diagnosing defective or failed equipment and quickly identifying resolution options.
- Responsible for maintaining the AV technology for all Aquarium internal meetings, lectures, and workshops.
- Responsible for supporting Aquarium remote meetings on platforms including Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Responsible for providing support for live streaming to platforms including Facebook and YouTube.
- Assists in the installation of exhibition media when required.
- Responsible for contacting outside AV support when required.
- Acts as a Vendor/VAR Relationship Manager for AV projects as well as an internal Project Manager on select AV projects.
- The position maintains an inventory of AV equipment and spare parts and prepares orders when required.
- Collaborates with Exhibit Design and Planning and Facilities as it relates to AV equipment. Read and/or interpret AV system drawings, schematics, and construction plans and install AV equipment to meet requirements as detailed in installation plans.
- Monitors and maintains helpdesk database for all AV requests
- Responsible for maintenance of all Apple and PC equipment used in exhibits.
- Assists the Helpdesk staff by troubleshooting and diagnosing all Apple and PC problems when needed.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in AV technology, audio production, computer science, computer information systems, media arts, or similar fields considered. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of practical experience operating multimedia/AV equipment and Apple and PC experience required.
- AV certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced technical skills to operate, maintain, and make repairs on a broad variety of audiovisual equipment including Crestron control systems, projectors, microphones, displays, speakers, wireless headsets, amplifiers, cameras and associated equipment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Position requires good problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
- Outstanding customer service orientation and ability to communicate clearly and effectively to end-users at a wide range of technical skill levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills, the ability to take initiative, follow through, and to work as a team member in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment, are essential.
- Hardware and software knowledge shall include both Apple and PC practical experience.
- Participates in after-hours support as needed
*This position requires the successful completion of a CORI background check.
For more information, please visit: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/neaq/jobs
New England Aquarium is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.