Job Title: Payment Specialist I
Reports To: Director of Finance
This position is a payment specialist who compiles and tracks subject data from an electronic data capture system (EDC) for the purposes of calculating payments owed to clinical research sites in accordance with the negotiated unit price per the site contract. The Payment Specialist I will also assist the Legal Department with the tracking, scanning, and submission of legal documents relating to clinical trials and may be asked to assist with obtaining signatures for full execution of legal documents. This position aids the Grants & Contracts team with specific needs on a day to day basis, exemplifying flexibility to work interdepartmentally on a wide range of tasks and applying a self-motivated, problem solving attitude towards new tasks and projects.
- Calculate and track payments owed to clinical research sites in accordance with the negotiated unit price per the site contract
- Prepares monthly spreadsheet to track Sponsor open payment compliance information as required
- Administratively assist other members of the Grants and Contracts team as necessary including scanning, indexing and coping documents as required
- Maintain grant files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Maintain grants and contracts filing system and assist with administrative tasks as needed based upon unique project needs
- Assist and collaborate with other departments as requested
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information verbally and in writing
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and thorough in keeping records
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks based on importance and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong technological skills in accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Bachelor's (BA/BS) Degree from accredited college or university, preferred
- 1-3 years' finance, accounting, and/or Business Administration experience or 1-3 years in clinical research or pharmaceutical industry