- 20-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Glocester, RI, USA
- Full Time
We're growing, and would love for you to join our team!
Navigant Credit Union has long been recognized as one of Rhode Island's premier Credit Union institutions and has been recognized by Providence Business News as one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in Rhode Island for the large employer category. Established in 1915, we have served generations of satisfied members with our focus on providing unmatched customer service in the industry.
We offer competitive pay and great employee benefits including medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents, life and disability insurance plans, 401k with company match, time off benefits to promote work/life balance and on-site banking at our corporate offices in addition to our other convenient branches. Navigant Credit Union promotes good health and wellness by providing all employees free access to an on-site fitness center. As a growing organization, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as tuition assistance and training to position our employees to succeed. These are just some of the benefits of working at Navigant Credit Union.
If you believe you have what it takes and are interested in joining our team of financial service professionals, we want to hear from you!
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, provides leadership and
direction to the Tellers. Delivers exceptional customer service, aligned with the Credit Union's core
values and mission statement. Supervises sales and service programs to ensure goals are communicated,
met and improved. Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of products and services to
members. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and
external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assists members and potential members in
understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services. Provides such member services as
opening new accounts, ordering checks, account maintenance, corrections, etc. Interviews and assists
members complete loan applications, obtains pertinent loan information and prepares necessary
paperwork to disburse loans.
1. Maintains security and compliance with Credit Union Security Plan.
2. Assists Head Teller with daily functions such as reviewing reports; processing ATM transactions;
ordering and verifying cash shipments; verifying and balancing the vault, ATM and cash recycler;
and balancing and closing the branch.
3. Oversees the tellers, prepares schedules, responds to questions/concerns, and delegates work as
4. Overrides teller transactions based on authority within policy and procedure.
5. Handles escalations and member complaints related to the Tellers' functions.
6. Conducts monthly/quarterly audits: card stock inventory, official checks and money orders, night
deposit contracts, and surprise cash/check audits for tellers.
7. Responsible for daily and monthly reports: overrides and teller differences.
8. Performs teller transactions, both operational and sales oriented.
9. Opens new member accounts and provides information to new and prospective members by
explaining -selling Credit Union products and services. Completes forms for opening
and processing all types of accounts, including share, share draft, money market, certificates,
10. Maintains and services existing members' accounts: address changes, names changes, check reorders,
wire transfers, stop payments, etc.
11. Monitors teller performance by completing quarterly "Member Experience" evaluations and
coaches tellers on the spot and during one on one meetings.
12. Provides input to Head Teller and Branch Management with performance management,
disciplinary actions, and employee evaluations.
13. Originates, underwrites and closes Consumer Loans offered by the Credit Union.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education required.
1. Preferred: Minimum 3 years previous experience as an Assistant Head Teller/Teller/MSR.
Demonstrated knowledge of CU policies and procedures.
2. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Must possess a
strong service orientation and willingness to sell products and services.
3. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet.
5. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office
equipment, including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, currency counter, money order encoder,
telephone, etc. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (coin bags). Some travel required.