- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Excellent benefits and compensation package!
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking an Assistant Construction Superintendent to join our Construction team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 30-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Assistant Construction Superintendent reports to the Senior Superintendent and assists in all aspects of construction at the assigned project site. Primary responsibilities include working directly with the Senior Superintendent and the Construction VP to derive and define scopes of work, track the project budget and maintain the project timeline.
- On site, the Assistant Construction Superintendent assists in coordinating all subcontractors and oversees the day-to-day activities of construction, including scheduling, inspections, quality control, safety, monitoring of construction budgets, and accountability for all related expenditures.
- Work closely with the Superintendent and Project Management for utilities, permits, plan checks, and Certificates of Occupancy to obtain all necessary approvals.
- Direct subcontractors and subordinates.
- Provide periodic written reporting and scheduling updates.
- Evaluate situations and render decisions on certain issues without immediate supervision.
- Understand and implement OSHA safety requirements site wide.
- Knowledgeable of SWPPP requirements site wide and mitigate any impact to the outlying community.
- Maintain a safe and compliant work site daily.
- Relate favorably with others beyond giving and receiving instructions; performs work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others and responding appropriately.
- Effectively influences people on a consistent basis.
- Accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control, and planning.
- Must attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
- Minimum five years overall experience in construction.
- 3-5 years of experience in the construction of affordable multi-family residential projects is desirable.
- Some experience working with city and other inspectors on construction projects.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Higher education or technical training a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various weather conditions.
- Standing, walking
- Pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25 pounds
- Crawling, kneeling
- Twisting, carrying
- Working with hands
- Operate computer and office equipment.
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.