- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits package!
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking an Apartment Maintenance Technician (AKA Resident Services Technician or "RST") to join our Property Management team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 30-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
At National CORE, we offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive benefit plans that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Resident Services Technician reports to the Community Manager and the Resident Services Supervisor. Under supervision, this individual is responsible in assisting for the overall maintenance of the property.
SEEKING INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED PLUMBING / ELECTRICAL / CARPENTRY / GROUNDS WORK KNOWLEDGE
- Participation in all maintenance projects and training classes as directed.
- Perform minor electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches and outlets, etc.
- Perform minor plumbing work, such as clearing drain stoppages, replacing fittings and faucets, etc.
- Replace broken tile, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, and locks.
- Paint, interior and exterior as directed.
- Perform minor carpentry work, such as assisting in fitting doors, sticking windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing doors.
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows in all common areas.
- Assist in grounds work as directed.
- Assist in the repair of concrete, masonry, roof, fencing and signage as directed.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage with the maximum response time being one-half hour from time the call is received.
- Assist the Resident Services Supervisor with inventory control and utilization of maintenance materials.
- Keep all storage and maintenance shop facilities and all other equipment clean and in orderly working condition.
- Complete work orders within 24 hours, as directed, unless otherwise stipulated. Maintenance requests whether complete or incomplete must be returned daily to the maintenance supervisor if available, otherwise, to the Community Manager.
- Assist the Resident Services Supervisor in annual apartment inspections.
- Assist in the scheduling and turning of vacant units prior to resident occupancy.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding current contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Contribute to the team effort by being aware of and relaying information regarding the apartment community's general appearance and conditions.
- Possess knowledge regarding water and gas meter shutoffs, all apartment and fixture shutoffs, and sewer cleanouts.
- Ensure storage areas and entrances are locked as required throughout all common areas of property.
- Assist in apartment check-in and check-out inspections as directed.
- Must be conscious of a safe work environment.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License and automobile insurance in order to drive for business purposes or have reliable transportation.
- Must attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stay at locations away from the employee's home.
- Must be able to read and speak English or read and speak English and Spanish, as appropriate to the resident base, in order to effectively communicate between the Resident Services team and residents as well as between co-workers and supervisors.
- Other duties as may be needed or required under the direction of the Community Manager or other supervisors.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and select from written instructions and established protocols to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Since duties and tasks are frequently non-routine must be able to resolve challenges logically and know when to refer more complex issues to a higher level.
- Periodically assist in orienting and training newer employees.
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds.
- Must demonstrate initiative, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Project professional image by meeting uniform standards.
- Conscious of a safe work environment.
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas for the betterment of the team and company. May require assisting other properties.
- Maintain work pace appropriate to given workload.
- Perform simple and varied tasks as directed.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Be a team player.
- A minimum of 1 year or more of recent experience in property management maintenance or a related field is required while it is preferable to have 2 or more years of hands on experience.
- High school education or equivalent is needed or a combination of 3+ years relevant work experience and technical certifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather
- Standing, walking
- Pushing, pulling
- Crawling, kneeling
- Twisting, carrying
- Working with hands
- Operate computer and office equipment
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.