- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
- Full Time
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package!
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking a Construction Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 30-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Construction Accounting Manager reports to the Director of Construction Accounting
- Manage the financial activities of Construction accounting team
- Train staff in assigned duties of the Construction Accounting team, including financial workbooks, construction draws, pre-development closings, and month end
- Review the workbooks performed by the Construction Accounting staff to ensure timeliness, accuracy and compliance with company procedures and/or GAAP
- Coordinate accounting responsibilities amongst various projects to ensure appropriate matching of entity complexity and staff abilities and training
- Prepare special reports as needed for management and company executives including the quarterly WIP report with project profitability and Cost certifications
- Act as liaison with Company's 3rd party CPA accounting firm in regards to construction accounting matters
- Review, select, implement a robust construction management system & workflow in line with SOX separation of duties and best practices
- Coordinate Construction Accounting team's assistance in the completion of annual audits for company's 3rd party CPR firm follow-up on questions, open items and/or concerns
- Act as liaison with Company's system conversion implementing Yardi and ProCore integration and other prospective software implementations as appropriate
- Assist Construction Management with efforts to improve workflow efficiencies and reduce costs
- Lead Construction accounting staff in setting annual goals for the team and help team members in setting their personal goals
- Work closely with property accounting management, development and construction departments
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home
- Adhere to the required work schedule established by the company to promote efficient operations
- Assign various tasks and projects to Construction staff accountants and/or accounting clerks as needed
- Foster and promote team spirit with staff members
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills including Yardi and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in a high-volume work environment while maintaining excellent customer service attitude.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business.
- 5 years Construction Accounting Management experience.
- 8 years of experience in accounting, preferably in a multi-entity environment.
- 5 years of experience in supervising multiple staff members.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Operate computer and office equipment
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.