- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
- Full Time
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits package!
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking qualified individuals to join our team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 30-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
At National CORE, we offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive benefit plans that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Vice President of Portfolio Acquisitions reports to the Executive Vice President. This position seeks out potential acqusitions in a designated area and assists in coordinating the transition of those projects once they have been acquired. These coordination tasks include business proposals, acquisition, entitlements, financing, budget administration, governmental relations, consultant management, and the packaging of project acquisition and financing analyses. The Acquisitions VP is responsible for providing project related support to those individuals who have primary responsibility for acquisition, construction, and accounting. Such support activities include providing comments in project feasibility analyses, construction budgeting, and continued assistance with governmental and public relations.
- Identification of Development Opportunities and Targets: Identifies development opportunities and targets in specific areas and formulates a plan to acquire properties within the target area.
- Packaging of Project Acquisition/Funding Proposals: Directs preparation of proposals to acquire or finance projects.
- Governmental Relations: Responsible for contacts and maintaining relationships with governmental officials involved in projects and proposals.
- Implementation of Acquisition Strategy: Ties up property and manages escrow to ensure the successful implementation of development plan.
- Financing: Provides initial options for acquisition, development, construction and permanent financing. Seeks out sources of additional funding and helps prepare financing applications or provides other documentation in support.
- Project Feasibility Analyses: Assists in evaluating the overall feasibility of projects which the Company is considering for acquisition.
- Construction Budgeting: Assists Construction Director in evaluating contracts, with special emphasis on determining consistency of contracts with budget and design constraints.
- Continued Governmental Relations: Responsible for contacts with governmental agencies which might be necessary during a projects acquisition feasibility, construction and occupancy phases.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An understanding of the real estate acquisitions and development process including funding programs. Possession of a California Real Estate Lincense is preferred
- Ability to analyze real estate opportunities and risks and present the findings in clear and concise manners to internal and external decision makers.
- Ability to conceive and develop solutions to issues related to the projects.
- Proficient in most up-to-date Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Experience in real estate acquisitions, entitlements and/or development.
- Bachelors degree in public policy, planning, business, real estate, or economics.
- Preferred to hold a Masters degree in public policy, planning, business, real estate, or economics.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions
- Standing, walking, sitting
- Operate computer and office equipment
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.