- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Excellent benefits and compensation package! Position comes with an on-site apartment!
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking an Apartment Community Manager I to join our property management team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 30-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
**Position includes an on-site apartment**
About the Job:
National Community Renaissance is committed to first class management of our properties which transforms their neighborhoods and the lives of our residents. The Community Manager I is the front line in implementing our vision.
The Community Manager I is responsible for:
- Leading the overall administration, compliance, and maintenance of the property, while striving to maintain 100% occupancy;
- Working in partnership with Hope Through Housing to develop and deliver social programs for our residents and the neighborhood;
- Must assume proactive behavior and measures in order to properly represent National Community Renaissance and build relationships in the community.
The Community Manager I reports to the Regional Manager, Area Manager, or Senior Community Manager. The Community Manager I directs and supervises 1-2 on-site personnel and and/or temporary resources.
- Ensure resident files and Yardi data are maintained in accordance with Compliance and Property Management policies and regulations.
- Review and approve all resident notices pertaining to recertification.
- Maintain property waiting list in accordance with the properties' Tenant Selection Plan.
- Ensure applications for housing are processed in accordance with properties' affordable housing covenants.
- Process annual re-certifications within established timelines.
- Handle marketing and advertising for vacancies in accordance with properties' Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan.
- Ensure that all appropriate notices are remitted to residents in a timely manner and are completed and served within the requirements set forth in the lease.
- Conducts monthly site inspections and prepares report for management.
- Manage office supply inventory and work closely with Resident Services to ensure maintenance supplies are purchased in a timely manner and in accordance with the approved budget.
- Work cohesively with resident services staff to ensure vacancies turn times are met in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure work orders are processed in Yardi within established timelines.
- Accurately account for and balance petty cash in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare deposits for banking and posts resident payments into Yardi within timelines established by management.
- Prepare management required month end reports.
- Manage account receivables and ensure past resident balance due receivables are turned over to collection agencies.
- Keeps resident ledgers accurate and works diligently with accounting to resolve any errors.
- Management of 1-2 on-site office employees and/or maintenance employees which includes: interviewing, training, timekeeping, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain positive relationships with CORE internal departments.
- Respond to all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Create a community of caring and excitement that is contagious for our residents and noticeable to the community at large.
- Designs, implements and manages appropriate resident programs and is responsible for their on-going success.
- Manage ongoing positive relationships with all City staff and other local representatives and social service providers.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home.
- Other duties as requested.
- Must have a hard working, positive attitude.
- Ability to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and family backgrounds.
- Ability to build and deliver specialized programs appropriate to the residents of the community.
- Ability to build external relationships while positively promoting the organization.
- Must be organized and proficient at time management.
- Proficient in English language in verbal and written communications.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum two to five years working in a position with comparable responsibilities.
- Must be able to pass company sponsored Tax Credit Certification class within the first year of employment. If employee cannot pass the test after the second attempt, the employee will be subject to discipline up to and including termination.
- Minimum two years working in a customer service environment.
- Minimum two years Supervisory experience.
- Financial management.
- Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Yardi property management accounting software is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- 5-7 hours of sitting, reading and typing on a daily basis.
- 1-3 hours of walking on a daily basis.
- Up to 6 hours of continuous walking for 1-3 continuous days during property inspections.
- Driving - must have a valid driver's license and updated automobile insurance in order to drive for business purposes or have reliable transportation.
- Operate computer and office equipment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional climbing of stairs.
NATIONAL COMMUNITY RENAISSANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!