- Humble, TX, USA
- Part Time
Excellent benefits and compensation package!
The Hope Through Housing Foundation (Hope) is committed to breaking the cycle of generational poverty by implementing high-quality social services for low-income families and seniors living within and around National CORE's affordable housing developments throughout California, Texas, and Florida. We seek passionate, hardworking team members who are committed to transforming lives and communities. Together, we deliver Hope, Opportunity, Prosperity, and Empowerment to thousands of youth, adults, and seniors each year.
About the Job:
The Afterschool Program Assistant will work directly with students to provide a safe, responsible, well-supervised afterschool program while acting as a positive role model, coach, and mentor.
The Program Assistant must have ability to establish rapport through leadership, communication and most importantly patience to provide our students a stable and nurturing atmosphere where they can thrive in the areas of health and wellness, life and character development, and academic and career exposure. This position is responsible for helping the Afterschool Program Coordinator plan, prepare materials and help facilitate activities. This part-time, non-exempt position reports to the Youth Program Coordinator and will report to a designated program site.
- Assist the Afterschool Program Coordinator in monitoring and supervision of students in afterschool program; assure student understanding of program rules and procedures; maintain appropriate order and student conduct.
- Create and facilitate fun and engaging activities in the areas of health and wellness, character development, personal decision making, academic improvement, college awareness and STEAM.
- Assist with the development and coordination of a calendar for program activities and events designed to complement student learning and enrichment.
- Lead and supervise youth, recognize potential issues, and apply established procedures
- Create a positive and engaging environment that fosters a safe, openminded, respectful and motivating space.
- Serve as a positive role model for youth in the program through appropriate dress, speech, attitude, and courtesy.
- Maintain cleanliness in all program areas; assist with set-up and breakdown during program days to contribute to ongoing maintenance to keep the community room clean and orderly.
- Provide support for the daily snack/meals program including preparation, serving, clean-up and maintaining accurate meal records for daily reporting
- Adherence to all organization site policies and procedures
- Attend additional community events as needed.
- Any additional duties related to the afterschool program as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Passion for building into the lives and futures of children and teens.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working or volunteering with children and teens in a professional setting, including youth program supervision and/or development.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability and experience coordinating volunteers and staff team members.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Works well independently as well as part of the team.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience working or volunteering in social services.
- Experience working with a broad range of community-based organizations.
- A collaborative, team-oriented work style.
- An enthusiastic attitude with proven ability to organize and coordinate work teams.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, sit, crouch, bend, speak, and hear
- Ability to lead and engage in high-energy physical games and activities with youth
- May include lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Operate computer and office equipment.
- Ability to pass TB skin test and background check.