- Davie, FL, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life Ins, 401K, Bonus Potential
The Service Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, repair, maintain & test facility equipment according to safety, predictive & productive systems.
- Complete Service Work Orders as assigned by managers in a timely and expedient manner.
- Manages all installation, repair, maintenance, and testing required to resolve problem.
- Diagnose problems and determine proper solutions, discusses resolution with customer or manager.
- Complete pump outs and start-up equipment upon completion of construction.
- Encourages the upselling and cross selling of parts, supplies, Inspection and Service to all customers.
- Ensures that safe work practices are being followed at all job sites. Fulfills the role of "Safe Practices Employee".
- Brings all safety issues to the attention of the Construction Manager.
- Assist Construction Managers in planning the project milestone completions and performs timely and accurate parts and supplies take-off.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner with required information.
- Assists the Service and Construction Manager on a daily and/or weekly basis with the performance of their duties, as requested.
- Assist the Construction Manager in developing and maintaining customer profile/data base for all construction customers, while establishing and/or maintain existing relationships and strengthening partnerships.
- Maintains accurate time sheets, work orders, job information, purchase order information, and credit card receipts and submits to Office Manger by 7 a.m. each Monday.
- Attends professional training sessions as approved by the Construction Manager.
- Prospects for new construction customers and/or new Inspection and/or Service projects on a weekly basis.
- Attends company meetings when required, may be before, during or after normal working hours.
- Maintains a clean construction site, picks up all tools and equipment and secures construction site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Willing to travel as needed with overnight stays and weekends.
- Willing to learn from on-the-job training when necessary, while contributing knowledge and experience to others on the team to achieve goals.
- Maintain a neat and clean professional business appearance. Promotes a professional work atmosphere, while maintaining a motivated, positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by Construction/Service Managers.
Knowledge of freon and ammonia-based refrigeration systems, par is required.
Possess and maintain Certified Ammonia Refrigeration Operator-CARO within first 6 months of
Possess and maintain Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator-CIRO within first 18 months of
Possess Universal EPA Certification in Refrigerant Transition and Recovery or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Must be 18 years of age.
Valid driver's license and ability to maintain a favorable driving record according to company standards.
Reliable vehicle with personal insurance in force at all times.
Ability to lift and carry heavy items for extended periods of time.
Ability to travel with overnight stays.
Effective communication and time management skills.
Be available on call for emergencies, weekdays, weeknights, and weekends at customer sites and via email and/or phone for all construction projects.