- Star Noodle
- Lahaina, HI, USA
- Competitive wages
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Drug, 401(k), Group Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Aflac, Flexible Spending, Employee Meals and discounts
Description: The Sous Chef is responsible for supporting and advising the innovative aspect of each special, event, and daily menu. Maintains the vision of the company, Hui and Executive Chef.
The ideal candidate for this position:
• culinary experience in a supervisory or management role required with a minimum 3 years
• Is supportive and assists with executing the menus, specials and events
• Assists in overseeing the training and performance of the team in terms of consistency, quality and technique in adherence to the company and Hui standards.
• Works with management team to recognize trends with current and future menus.
• Adheres to and Updates recipe books as needed.
• Attends and participates in pre-shifts regularly to educate FOH and BOH staff on menu and special items.
• Coaches the teams to maintain Health & Safety standards.
• Makes on the spot decisions that are in support of and consistent with the standards and vision of the Hui and company.
• Communicates with Executive Chef and Management team regularly on all aspects of the business.
• Attends Mandatory meetings for Management and Star Noodle Staff
• Creates the work schedule for the team
• Has worked in a high-end, fast paced, and quality driven restaurant environment
• Has an appreciation for and working knowledge of really good food
• Provides leadership that inspires teamwork, generates energy, enthusiasm, and drives results
• Has a reputation for excellent relationships with customers, vendors, floor, kitchen staff and community
• Has the ability to implement and to continuously improve the systems and procedures that lead to success
• Inspires enthusiasm!
• Leadership style consistent with Star Noodle team management
• An outgoing personality who can create and build energy around them
• Passionate about great food and great service
• Excellent planning, organization, and coordination skills
• Comfortable making decisions and problem solving
• High level of interest in learning about food, people, and business
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills and able to work easily with diverse people and groups
• Has experience in the training and development of staff members
• Is self-directed and able to work independently, as well as be an integral member of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Likes to work holidays, weekends, events, and other peak periods of the restaurant business
• Is able to complete assigned and self assigned tasks within designated timeline