- Star Noodle
- Lahaina, HI, USA
- Competitive Wages
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, drug, 401(k) with company match, Aflac, Flexible Spending, Paid Time Off after qualifying, Employee Meals, Employee discounts and more
Our Performance Expectations
The Restaurant Manager reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for every aspect of the guests' and staff experience:
- Greets guests and delivers the Star Noodle experience to each
- Recognizes regular guests by name and tracks their seating and dining preferences
- Provides hands-on help as needed by any of the service staff, including facilitating the resolution of conflicts between or within teams.
- Participate in training and performance reviews for service staff, following the standards set for the outlet and using the passport as a base guide.
- Passes all training requirements for front of line staff positions within 6 months.
- Helps maintain inventory of service products: paper goods, linen, glassware, small wares and uniforms.
- Leads service staff in cleaning and maintaining all front of the house areas, furniture, equipment and fixtures.
- Adjusts environment, music and lighting as needed to maintain the appropriate atmosphere and service levels.
- Teaches staff workshops/training
- Updates Point of Sale systems as needed
- Leads daily pre-shift and attends monthly staff meetings
- Resolves any customer complaints that are "passed up" from staff and/or asks for help from the Restaurant's General Manager or Partner.
- Establishes and maintains good communication and a positive working relationship with Restaurant Managers and General Manager, Chef and staff.
The Success Patterns for this position:
- Restaurant experience strongly preferred
- Has worked in a high-volume restaurant service environment
- Has an appreciation for and working knowledge of really good food
- Provides leadership that inspires teamwork, generates energy and enthusiasm, and drives results
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with customers, vendors, floor and kitchen staff
- Has the ability to design, implement and to continuously improve the systems and procedures that lead to success.
- Has experience in the training and development of staff members
- Is self-directed and able to work independently, as well as be an integral member of the leadership team
- Has the ability to deliver the branded experience to every customer
- Likes to work holidays, weekends, events and other peak periods of the restaurant
Successful Candidates will have the following personal characteristics:
- Leadership style consistent with Na Hoaloha Ekolu management team
- An outgoing personality who can create and build positive energy around them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about great food and great service
- Excellent planning, organization and coordination skills
- Comfortable making decisions and problem solving. Can handle complexity and paradox
- High level of interest in learning about food, people and business
- Possesses strong interpersonal skill and able to work easily with diverse people and groups