- Na Hoaloha Ekolu
- Lahaina, HI, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, drug, 401(k), Flexible Spending, Employee meals and discounts, plus more
Business: Old Lahaina Luau, Star Noodle, Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop
Description: The Pastry Chef is responsible for the creative and innovative aspect of all Hui dessert menus. Maintains the vision of the company and creatively inspires menus that help promote a customer experience at each hui.
Vision: It's Friday afternoon and the Pastry Chef for Na Hoaloha Ekolu is enthusiastically busy working on a scheduled tasting of baked goods for the team. After a week of preparing and researching the freshest ingredients available, the Pastry Chef is just about ready to present the creations for Old Lahaina Luau, Aloha Mixed Plate, Star Noodle, Leoda's and an upcoming wedding catering. Besides the baked goods, he/she is prepared with the tasting sheets, including food cost, suggested selling price, preparation notes, story board and menu description. The team is excited about the freshly baked items and they are selling consistently at each Hui.
At a pre-shift earlier today, we remind Aloha Mixed Plate's BOH & FOH of upcoming workshops; tips and tricks on Plating and Presentation and Tasting Techniques.
The Pastry Chef is looking forward to finishing the day with a recap of the week and planning for next. Another awesome week creating and sharing new baked goods!
Our Performance Expectations are:
• The Pastry Chef is responsible for the creative menu direction for each hui along with providing a story board with each special to assist in understanding our product.
• Oversees and participates in the training and performance of the bakeshop team in terms of consistency, quality and technique
• Works with Corporate Chef to use fresh and local products as well as existing ingredients to maximize menu potential
• Works with Hui's to recognize menu edit opportunities based on sales
• Regularly teaches workshops for our staff
• Updates food track recipes as needed
• Attends and participates in pre-shifts regularly to educate FOH and BOH staff on baked items
• Establishes and maintains good communication and a positive working relationship with Restaurant Managers, Chefs and Back of the House staff
• Maintains Health & Safety standards while training and working with the teams.
The Success Patterns for this position are:
• Inspires enthusiasm!
• Is able to menu engineer based on hui brand, sales potential, cost and presentation
• Culinary experience in a supervisory or management role required with a minimum 3 years
• Has worked in a high-end, fast paced, banquet and/or a quality driven restaurant environment
• Has an appreciation for and working knowledge of really good food
• Provides leadership that inspires teamwork, generates energy, enthusiasm, and drives results
• Has a reputation for excellent relationships with customers, vendors, floor, Kitchen staff and community
• Has the ability to design, implement, and to continuously improve the systems and procedures that lead to success
• Has experience in the training and development of staff members
• Is self-directed and able to work independently, as well as be an integral member of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Likes to work holidays, weekends, events, and other peak periods of the restaurant business
• Is able to complete assigned and self assigned tasks within designated timeline
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
• Leadership style consistent with Na Hoaloha Ekolu's team management
• An outgoing personality who can create and build energy around them
• Passionate about great food and great service
• Excellent planning, organization, and coordination skills
• Comfortable making decisions and problem solving
• High level of interest in learning about food, people, and business
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills and able to work easily with diverse people and groups