- Old Lahaina Luau
- Lahaina, HI, USA
- based on experience
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, drug, 401(k), flexible spending account, employee meals and more
Responsible for every aspect of the guest's and staff's experience. Duties include training staff, greeting guests, resolving customer complaints, providing hands-on help to service teams, leading daily pre-shifts with staff. Participate in Staff Meetings. Establishes and maintains good communication and relationships with staff.
Our Performance Expectations are:
- The Lu'au Operations Manager is responsible for every aspect the guest's experience, and to provide the staff with tools and support to service these guests.
- The Lu'au Operations manager is a co-manager position who works with one or two other co-managers daily and reports to the Lu'au General Manager.
- Participate in training and performance reviews for service staff, following the standards set for each area and using the passport as a base guide
- Make appropriate adjusts daily as needed to maintain our high standard of service.
- Resolves all customer immediate and/or post visit customer complaints.
- Provides hands-on help if needed by any of the service teams, including facilitating the resolution of conflicts between or within teams
- Daily inspiration of staff to maintain a high level of energy
- Greet and service our guests with true aloha and hospitality
- Passes all training requirements required of front line staff positions within 6 months
- Helps Maintains inventory of service products, glassware, silver, uniforms
- Leads staff in cleaning and maintaining of all work areas, furniture, equipment and fixtures, coordinating with the Maintenance department.
- Able to lift, carry, and/or push 50 pounds.
- Participate in meetings and management training/workshops
- Leads daily pre-shifts and attends monthly staff meetings
- Establishes and maintains good communication and a positive working relationship with Sales team, maintenance crew, Entertainment cast, and culinary crew.
- Works closely with culinary staff on food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Minimum of 2 years restaurant experience preferred
- Has worked in a high-volume restaurant service environment
- Has an appreciation for and working knowledge of Hawaiian luau food
- Provides leadership that inspires teamwork, generates energy, enthusiasm, and drives results
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with customers, vendors, floor and Kitchen staff
- Has the ability to design, implement, and to continuously improve the systems and procedures that lead to success
- Has experience in the training and development of staff members
- Is self-directed and able to work independently, as well as be an integral member of the management team
- Has the ability to deliver the branded Experience to every customer.
- Must have a flexible schedule and willing to work nights.
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Leadership style with Aloha
- An outgoing personality who can create and build energy around them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service with true ho'okipa (hospitality)
- Excellent planning, organization, and coordination skills
- Comfortable making decisions and problem solving. Can handle complexity and paradox
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and able to work easily with diverse people and groups