- 23-Mar-2022 to 15-Jul-2022 (EST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager. NAEYC is a professional membership organization that works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research. NAEYC advances a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and supports all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Membership and Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager, is responsible for developing and implementing all digital initiatives that promote NAEYC products, services and content in user-friendly and innovative ways and fulfills our strategic direction. The Digital Marketing Manager works across divisions to ensure that best practices for web publishing and branding are followed, conducts analysis on all digital platforms to inform growth initiatives, serves as the main liaison with NAEYC's web and email vendors, and manages NAEYC's social media presence.
- Responsible for managing NAEYC's social media program across multiple platforms and working with key stakeholders in NAEYC divisions to create and maintain a social media schedule
- Collaborates and coordinates with internal leaders to set and implement the overall strategic direction of NAEYC's digital initiatives; oversee and enhance NAEYC's web presence to increase sales and awareness of NAEYC content, products, and services
- Manages the content stream and planning of content for emails and newsletters, NAEYC blogs and other digital publishing platforms
- Partners with the Digital Coordinator to collect and share monthly analytics summaries via Google Analytics and social site reporting and makes recommendations based on the analytics
- Ensures that department web editors receive web editing training; manages the implementation of style guides, web publishing guidelines and processes
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
3-5 years of experience working on consumer-focused digital content
1 year of supervisory experience
Minimum one year of hands-on experience working with administrative and web publishing tools of content management systems, email marketing platforms, and a variety of social media platforms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication skills: writing, verbal, listening
Comfortable learning new digital tools and platforms
Functional understanding of the role and value of web graphic design, usability/user experience techniques; web analytics; web content management; creating digital focused style guides
Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to prioritize projects, work on multiple tasks independently with strong attention to details
Proven interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
Proven ability to lead, coach and mentor staff
There are specific physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. For example, walking and moving throughout a building, handling materials and objects, and communicating freely - writing, speaking, listening. Further discussion and reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Designation(s): Business Support: Business Support indicates that the role supports the overall strategic direction of NAEYC, is not required to have a daily presence in the office, or be called upon in the event of an emergency or crisis. Occasional travel may be required. This role is eligible for telework and eligible to be fully remote. This role may be eligible for 100% remote work outside the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Telework and remote work eligibility is subject to NAEYC's Telework and Remote Work Policy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - NAEYC is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information, disability, or protected veterans status, or any other factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable.