- Nacogdoches, TX, USA
- 34.0307 per hour $70,783.86
- Full Time
Come work with us!
This team member will perform highly administrative and professional work planning, directing, marketing and coordinating the activities of A.L. Mangham, Jr. Regional Airport; including capital improvements and fuel/ramp fixed base operator (FBO) services. Work is under the general supervision of Chief of Police and is reviewed for overall effectiveness through evaluations, conferences and reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, coordinate and direct all airport and related activities and services as a business in a professional manner; oversee daily operation of the airport; coordinate use of facilities for special events.
- Responsible for all aspects of the City's Fuel /Ramp Servicing FBO operations including supervision of employees, maintaining and servicing equipment, ordering fuel, negotiating fuel contracts and handling money and credit cards.
- Develop and implement airport business/marketing plans and strategies.
- Develop economic development strategies for the airport with local entities including the Nacogdoches Economic Development Corporation efforts.
- Promote the airport and City by directing public relations efforts for the airport and related functions, address civic and other groups, direct preparation of publicity for the media, participate and serve on committees and boards in outside state, regional, and national organizations.
- Communicate, meet and coordinate with FAA, TxDOT and airport stakeholders as required.
- Responsible for compliance with Federal and State operation and maintenance requirements; enforces Federal, State and local airport regulations and standards.
- Responsible for implementation of airport improvement plans as directed by Administration.
Thorough knowledge of business management practices, theories, and methods of the laws, ordinances, rules and regulations relating to airport operations and of marketing, public relations and economic development best practices. Thorough knowledge of work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with assigned area of work; and airport practices. Ability to make public presentations and plan, organize, schedule, and direct operations of municipal airport. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing and to operate standard office machines, including copiers, faxes, calculators and personal computers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor degree in Airport/Aviation Management, Business or Public Administration, Marketing or related field; thorough experiences in the field of airport management; OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Must possess a valid driver license. Through in house/vendor training, must be able to qualify for the following: safe handling of fuel products, knowledge and familiarity of all types of general aviation and corporate aircraft and knowledge of towing all types of aircraft. FAA Pilot's License preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; push, pull, and grasp; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift; and perform repetitive motions. Must possess the visual acuity to perform extensive reading, operate a computer, operate a motor vehicle, and perform a variety of administrative tasks. Must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently; and/or up to 10 pound of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in both inside and outside environments, including all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work subjects employee to inside and outside environmental conditions, extremes in temperatures, and hazards in association with airport maintenance and related materials as well as equipment operation including fumes, oils, gases and mists.
- Communicate with and direct "air traffic" as necessary; maintain airport security.
- Assure compliance with safety requirements.
- Coordinate airport construction/rehabilitation; negotiate with property owners for land acquisition related to airport development.
- Determine current and future operational and facility needs of airport.
- Research, solicit and coordinate all aspects of grant applications and projects.
- Participates in Airport Advisory Board meetings and activities; attend various meetings and conferences as directed; works with local and area transportation interests; active in civic affairs; participates and works with Economic Development Committees (Chamber of Commerce Industrial Board) and Nacogdoches Economic Development Corporation.
- Responsible for airport facilities maintenance including buildings, grounds and utilities.
- Responsible for preparation and administering annual departmental budget, and the purchasing and acquisition for airport needs; supervises support staff.
- Preparation of correspondence; maintain files and records in an organized manner.
- Monitor airline services through customer contact.
- Be observant and aware of potential security and/or suspicious activities and be thoroughly familiar with reporting concerns to the appropriate agencies in a timely manner.
- Monitors the aviation radio for local traffic, answers UNICOM calls, provides information requested, provides fuel, courtesy car availability and other related information.
- Determines need for maintenance and repair on vehicles and equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
This position directly supervises employees in the Airport Department.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The airport manager will not be allowed to operate as a F.B.O. or engage in any business activity that would be a conflict of interest.
Please see City of Nacogdoches Benefits.