- Lexington Park, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
Seeking an experienced Technical Writer for the TRITON project. Will function as an Operations Coordinator, organizing activities for the SSA's such as check-ins and check-outs, and taking meeting minutes. The Tech Writing activities include user documents, How to documents, Product Specifications, work with Engineers and Software Development Team to ensure accuracy of technical documents.
- The Technical Writer develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
- Receives assignment from supervisor, observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods, and reviews manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- May perform the following tasks: maintain records and files of work and revisions, select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
- Provide support in laying out material for publication, arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material, write speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases, edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or plant personnel.
- May specialize in writing material regarding work methods and procedures.
- Must possess active DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least 30 hours of technical/vocational training in English-related training (i.e., journalism, communications, or literature), or technical training (i.e., science or business) at an accredited technical/vocational school.
- Three (3) years performing as a technical writer.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.