- Annapolis Junction, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
SI TEC Consulting, LLC is a SDVOSB offering exceptional Healthcare Benefits, Matching 401-k contributions and more. SI TEC prides itself on working with our employees to build their career path and supporting them in terms of tuition/training reimbursement, Mentoring and more.
- The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies. Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content. Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the- shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with agency specific Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed agency specific business processes for security engineering.
- DataFlow Solutions team requires Sr. ISSE - true Security Engineer in a more advanced level beyond typical duties of an ISSO. Experience building Information Assurance into systems. NiFi software and hardware) deployed to an operation environment.
- Ability to support the building of security architectures, enforce design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures security virtual cloud-based systems.
- Work with SA's and SE's and SW developers assisting in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes software environment and AWS preferred.
- Develop and secure the Next Gen NiFi, cloud based - Docker/K8 running within AWS.
- Guide team through all security requirements in the new architecture and design.
- Knowledge and experience with agency processes, procedures and protocols for deploying and maintaining virtual cloud-based systems,
- Knowledge and experience with AWS, VPC, IAM/MFA, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux CentOS7, RHEL8.
- Provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management.
- Perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements.
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Fourteen (14) years' experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required, CISSP Certification is required.
- Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.