- Annapolis Junction, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- Advise and assist Government Program Managers (GPMs) in System Engineering activities by applying current DoD/Customer and industry best practices in Systems Engineering processes and principles.
- You will assist with collection/creation of system engineering plans that are essential to carrying out the strategic goals as set forth in Security Authorization capabilities.
- All work will be performed in accordance with customer and DoD policies, procedures, and plans.
- Creating/improving methodology, processes, and tools; supporting system design and technical performance requirements; informing government leads on status and progress of all projects; and supporting setup, update, and/or review of Quality Assurance plans, Integrated Master Plans, and Configuration Management plans.
- You will also assist in the creation, maintenance, and integration of all system engineering activities and acquisition schedules; provide expertise in system engineering requirements alignment goals and architectural alignment goals; recommend and guide system engineering solutions that minimize unique external engineering system interfaces; and advise the GPM on requirements reviews, to include security and all compliance requirements.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, acting as a SCRUM master, and system security authorizations desired.
- Apply systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
- Interact with Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and the deliverables associated with once or more of the 24 process areas defined by ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Lead contractor system engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- This position requires TS//SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Understanding of data architecture approaches such as DODAF, UAF, JARM, Zachman, TOGAF, etc. Must have at least five years of demonstrated architecture experience in DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF). These five years can be met as part of other duties and do not necessarily require the person to have served five years as an architect.
Education and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience OR
A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty-four (24) years of general system engineering experience OR
A Master's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR
A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience.
Note 1 - Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
Note 2 - Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice