- Annapolis Junction, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- SITEC is hiring System Engineers of various career stages.
- Qualified applicants will possess an ACTIVE TS//SCI/Poly Security Clearance.
- (2 Positions) Strong Linux systems engineer (RHCE) w/ strong scripting (Bash, Python), Cloud experience (AWS, VMWare), strong networking skills (CCNA, Cisco ACI a plus). Preferred skills: Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, SALT
- (1 Position) Senior Linux systems engineer (Centos/RHEL) w/ hardware experience (servers, network devices), strong scripting, networking. NiFi, Puppet and Cloud experience a plus.
- (1 Position) Monitoring/Telemetry Team: Strong Linux, Windows server administration; Desired: scripting (Python, VBScript, Batch, Powershell, Perl), monitoring. Nice to Have: database (non-admin), Splunk experience, Nagios/HP OpenView
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) - Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations.
- Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components.
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
- Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan.
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP).
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected
- groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
- Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers.
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Nonrepudiation, and Availability);
- Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability);
- Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography,
- Discretionary access control,
- Mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.).
- Implement comprehensive SOA solutions.
- Implement operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards.
- Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
- Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan.
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plan the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements.
- Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions.
- Establish a process to:
- Formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements
- Consider impacts prior to commitment to change
- Gain stakeholders buy-in
- Eliminate ambiguity
- Ensure traceability to source requirements
- Track and settle open actions
- Manage and ensure the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance.
- Support the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes).
- Support the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy).
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis, and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non- technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs.
- Conduct quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Producibility, etc.).
- Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- Early Career positions require Five (5) years' experience; OR a bachelor's degree as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Intermediate Career positions require Twelve (12) years' experience; OR a bachelor's degree and Seven (7) years' experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Mid-Career positions require Nineteen (19) years' experience; OR a bachelor's degree and Fourteen (14) years' experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Sr. System Engineer positions require Twenty-five (25) years' experience; OR a bachelor's degree and Twenty (20) years' experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- All positions require an ACTIVE TS//SCI/ poly Security Clearance. SITEC does not sponsor new clearances for this program.
Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Experience in architecting, deploying and general administration of Splunk to include infrastructure planning, data collection and comprehension, development, and integration, configuring data inputs and forwarders, data management, creating/managing user accounts, and general troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Strong Linux w/ scripting skills (Bash, Python) PLUS
- Puppet and other DevOps tools such as Docker, Repo Mgmt. Cloud/AWS administration experience; hardware/software engineering, configuration, and deployment. Nifi/dataflows a plus.
- HP OpenView, Windows Server Administration
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.