- Annapolis Junction, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Task 1&2 (Ft. Meade, MD): (2 Positions) Python developer with strong Linux, Agile, App Dev process/methodologies, virtualization/Cloud. DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible) a strong plus.
- SOC (Ft. Meade, MD): (2 openings) Software Engineer 2 w/ 2 yrs. Splunk experience (see Appendix B LCAT requirements for LOE SWE2).
- Qualified Candidate will hold an ACTIVE TS//SCI/ with Poly Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- With a Bachelor's degree, 20 Years of applicable experience is required.
- Without a degree, 24 years of applicable experience is required on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- strong scripting skills (Ruby, Python, Shell),
- custom Puppet module development;
- strong Linux (CentOS/RHEL 7.x);
- Agile development methodology/skills;
- experience with other DevOps platforms and tools (Ansible, Artifactory).
- Strong Linux w/ scripting (Python), Agile, App Dev process/methodologies, virtualization/Cloud, DevOps tools, service design and transition
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.