- Annapolis Junction, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Gather technical information, prepare written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical manual standards to work products
- Active DoD TS with SCI Access and a poly required as well as US Citizenship.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional Technical Writer experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Six (6) years' experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.