- Laurel, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- Collaborate with the System Owner to maintain Approval to Operate (ATO), including the resolution of any Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&M) documents issued by the DAO;
- Develop and provide update System security Plans (SSPs) and supporting documentation (e.g. SECONOPs, diagrams, Privileged User's Guide);
- Provide security design guidance and analysis to the project team throughout the RMF process;
- Collaborate with the Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) in the design, build, and self-test of systems;
- Perform reviews of technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommended mitigation strategies;
- All Qualified Applicants will have an ACTIVE Top Secret Clearance with SCI access and poly.
Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with the Government regarding SE technical considerations for the associated problems, issues or conflicts. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsible for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 24 process areas defined by ISO/IEC 15288:
Technical Process Area: Stakeholder requirements definition, requirements analysis, architectural design, implementation, integration, verification, transition, validation, operation maintenance, and disposal.
Project Process Area: Project planning, project assessment and control, decision management, risk management, configuration management, information management, and measurement.
Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area: Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Qualify Management
Agreement Process Area: Acquisition and Supply.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field and fifteen (15) years of related experience;
- OR, a High School Diploma or GED plus eighteen (18) years of general system engineering experience.
- Contributes to development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as SE Plans, Initial Capabilities, Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architectures - DoDAF, Service-oriented Architecture.
- Assists with the allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform Systems Engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary
- Perform SE activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design.
- Perform SE activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue.
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Lead contractor SE activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.