- Annapolis Junction, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- This system engineer candidate will be joining the Operations Dataflow team and should have NiFi experience, SIGINT format experience (ASDF, SOTF, SOF, etc.), experience with analyst workflow, troubleshooting experience (any of the following but not limited to - Bash/Shell, Java, Pig, Python).
- This position requires some software experience with developing scripts to analyze data and automating processes.
- Understand Java enough to assist in troubleshooting and ticket resolution.
- Analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develop System Architecture and System Design documentation.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Fourteen (14) years' experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Qualified applicants MUST have an ACTIVE TS//SCI with poly.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Implement comprehensive SOA solutions
- Implement operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plan the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
- Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
- Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
- Manage and ensure the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- Support the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
- Support the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy)
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements
- Experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability,
- manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale systems.
- Experience in developing technical documentation for issues and/or training.
- Experience in leading agile and/or spiral development models.
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
- Experience implementing storage area networks, data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, back-up, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage and retrieval systems.
- Experience developing and deploying storage within clustered or cloud environments.
- Experience interacting in a cross-Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
- Experience planning and integrating secure compliant solutions based on legal, policy, and compliance directives.
- Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or
- HBase/Accumulo BIG TABLE.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.