- Annapolis Junction, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Task 1&2: Strong Linux w/ scripting (Python), Agile, App Dev process/methodologies, virtualization/Cloud, DevOps tools, service design and transition
- Desired: RedHat Linux administration skills, Scripting: Angular, Python, Jelly;
- Nice to Have: ServiceNow ITSM administrator skills, MySQL databaseAnalyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- SWE2 w/Splunk Open Recruitment Now!
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Qualified Candidate will hold an ACTIVE TS//SCI/ with Poly Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- With a Bachelor's degree, 20 Years of applicable experience is required.
- Without a degree, 24 years of applicable experience is required on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- strong scripting skills (Ruby, Python, Shell),
- custom Puppet module development;
- strong Linux (CentOS/RHEL 7.x);
- Agile development methodology/skills;
- experience with other DevOps platforms and tools (Ansible, Artifactory).
- Strong Linux w/ scripting (Python), Agile, App Dev process/methodologies, virtualization/Cloud, DevOps tools, service design and transition
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.