- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
SITEC has multiple opportunities for Technical Writers at various career stages. Qualified applicants will hold an ACTIVE TS//SCI/Poly. The requirements listed are for the senior role. If you have fewer years of experience, you are encouraged to apply as we have additional opportunities that require fewer years of experience.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Work on all phases of documentation using multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required while working with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity; Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Review work products of others for compliance with technical manual Agency Data Standard (DS)-89; Apply technical manual standard to work products
- Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract
- Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods
- Active DoD TS//SCI Security Clearance required.
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Eight (8) years' experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- A Master's degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to six (6) years of experience.
- Cybersecurity and/or infrastructure documentation preferred.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.