- Hanover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Training Leave, Tuition, Training, and Educational Reimbursement, Referral and Recognition-based Bonuses, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability, AFLAC, Legal Shield, 401(k) and matching plan, Credit Union Membership, and Competitive Salaries.
- Provide support and related services to the implementation of enterprise data representations in various mission domains.
- The successful individual will perform end-to-end systems engineering for data flows from the perspective of data format modeling, implementation, and support.
- This position requires strong software and systems engineering expertise from cradle to grave with limited, high-level direction, in the areas of:
- Performing high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise.
- Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Spiral, etc.) simultaneously.
- Possessing an instinctive aptitude to leverage information and knowledge sharing networks and navigate conflict in a way that fosters constructive outcomes.
- Apply systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
- Interact with Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and the deliverables associated with once or more of the 24 process areas defined by ISO/IEC 15288.
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements, Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal.
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement.
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management.
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Lead contractor system engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- Integrating national and tactical data architectures into enterprise data representations (or formats) that can produce outputs to support multiple system architectures. This includes systems and data architecture and integration, data modeling, and data mapping in direct support of enterprise technology leadership.
- Maintaining awareness of commercial data standards and community data standardization activities.
- Corporate architecture and tools to include the Event Warehouse, Content Warehouse.
- Data Routing.
- Open source/GITHUB.
- Elasticsearch, Snowflake, NoSQL, Linux, AWS, Containers, ETL, Modeling, Shell Scripting
- Must possess active TS/SCI security clearance.
- As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 20 years of systems engineering experience.
- Master's or PhD Degree may be substituted for 18 years of experience.
- High School Diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF)
- Tactical SIGINT
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.